The primary purpose of the Plasma DAO is to bring 1 billion users into Plasma Finance DeFi and NFT ecosystem.
Several governance venues are available to Plasma governance, each serving its own particular purpose.
Tally is a web-based platform designed to simplify and enhance the process of participating in decentralized governance. It provides a user-friendly interface for interacting with decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs), allowing token holders to vote on proposals, delegate their voting power, create proposals, and monitor governance activities. Tally supports various Ethereum-based governance systems, including Compound's Governor Alpha and Governor Bravo, Uniswap's Governor Alpha, and more.
The benefits of using Tally for the governance process include:
1. Simplified Participation: Tally provides an intuitive interface that streamlines the process of participating in DAO governance. Users can easily connect their wallets, delegate their voting power, vote on active proposals, and create new proposals.
2. Increased Transparency: Tally provides comprehensive governance data for each supported DAO. Users can see active proposals, voting results, delegation activities, and more. This transparency helps users make informed decisions when participating in governance.
3. Delegation Features: Tally supports voting power delegation, allowing users to delegate their voting power to themselves or to other community members. This feature is beneficial for users who want to participate in governance but may not have the time or expertise to actively vote on every proposal.
4. On-Chain and Off-Chain Proposals: Tally supports both on-chain and off-chain proposals, providing flexibility in how governance processes are conducted.
5. Broad Compatibility: Tally supports a wide range of Ethereum-based governance systems, making it a versatile tool for participating in the governance of various DAOs.
6. Safe and Secure: Tally is non-custodial and doesn't require users to hand over control of their tokens. Users sign transactions with their own wallets, keeping their tokens secure.
By using Tally, token holders can more effectively participate in the governance of their DAOs, contributing to decisions that shape the direction and policies of the organizations they are a part of.
Here's how to use the Tally platform for PPAY governance:
1. Connect Your Wallet
To use Tally, you need to connect your wallet. This can be done from any page on Tally by selecting the "Connect wallet" button in the top right corner. You can select your preferred wallet service, which can be MetaMask, WalletConnect, or Coinbase Wallet. Follow the prompts to complete the wallet connection process1.
2. Sign In
3. Delegate Voting Power
For DAOs that use the Governor contract, only delegated tokens can participate in voting. You must set up delegation if you want to participate in governance votes. If you wish to vote on proposals directly, delegate your voting power to your own address. Or, you can delegate your voting power to another community member and let them vote on your behalf. This can be done from the DAO Page by selecting the "Delegate vote" button and then following the prompts to delegate to yourself or to another address.
4. Create a Proposal
You can create a proposal by visiting the DAO Page and clicking the "Create new proposal" button at the top of the page. You'll need to connect a wallet with enough voting power. After that, you can enter a title for your proposal, add a description, and add actions to be executed if the proposal passes. You can select Tally's "Transfer tokens" recipe for a proposal that calls for the transfer of tokens, or select the "Custom action" button for other types of actions. After all, actions are added, you can preview your proposal and then save it as a draft or submit it on-chain3.
5. Vote on Proposals
To vote on a proposal, navigate to the DAO Page and scroll down to the Proposals section. Select the active proposal that you'd like to vote on to navigate to its Proposal Page. Click on the "Vote" button in the upper right corner of the page. In the Voting pop up, choose your vote — For, Against, or Abstain. If you'd like, add a comment to explain the reason for your vote. Once you're done, click Submit and confirm and sign the transaction via your connected wallet.
6. Confirm Your Vote and Delegation Status
You can confirm your vote status by navigating to your Profile Page by clicking your profile name at the top right and selecting "Profile" from the drop-down. The "Recent votes" section displays your voting participation in proposals across all of your DAOs. Similarly, to confirm your delegation status, you can select the DAO button for the delegation you wish to confirm on your Profile Page. You'll see your delegation status at the far right of the Activity section.
https://commonwealth.im/plasma-finance is a forum for discussing governance proposals, products, and general conversation. Community members need to connect a wallet with a PPAY balance to participate in the forum and create threads.
Plasma Finance Governance Forum
Snapshot is a simple off-chain voting interface that allows users to signal their sentiment. Snapshot votes are weighted by the number of PPAY tokens (or xPPAY) delegated to the address used for voting. Plasma Shapsot account combines different modules for multi-chain voting.
We hold the daily community conversations, AMA sessions, and governance call on our Discord Chat.
Plasma Finance Discord Chat